Tuesday, March 3, 2009

QUICK update

Highlights of the last few days:

-Having a monkey take a banana from my hand.
-Dancing in a traditional drum-and-dance party.
-Climbing to the tallest points in Ghana.
-Swimming in waterfalls.
-Learning basic Fante.
-Going to my community tomorrow!! Turns out I won't be living in a mud hut, but running water is a thing not happening.
-Exploring Cape Coast: It's hot, it's colorful, and everything is cheap. There are goats on the roads even here!

Ghana is beautiful.

6 comments:

  1. It was my goal to see monkeys in Costa Rica (accomplished). In Argentina, my goal is to see penguins (not yet accomplished).

    Also, how did you make the slide show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, Your photos are incredible!
    I admire their ability to carry ANYTHING on the head!
    What precious children in your photos!
    Nata just keeps saying WOW! with every picture.
    I can't wait to see photos of your class! They're going to LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing, I'm so glad you're having a good time!!
    <3
    TBR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful! <333
    Glad to hear you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you wildly, Samantha, you amazing girl! I keep checking your blog obsessively...hopefully you can post again soon!!
    love love love love.

    ReplyDelete